Gear Ratio of our Belt Tail System
Our system provides three kinds of gear ratio (main gear : tail gear)
- 1 : 4.20
- 1 : 3.82
- 1 : 4.00
- 1 : 3.64
- Limited the tail rotor headspeed with in safety range, max. is 12000rpm Too high headspeed will CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE AND HAZARDS
- Tail rotor headspeed should be high enough to give a powerful and sensitive rudder ( at least enough for gyro control)
- Too high tail rotor headspeed will cause tail hunting
- Using longer and heavier blade requires a stronger rudder; Higher headspeed or long rotor blade may helps.
- Longer tail will gives a strong tail, low headspeed tail rotor will be sufficient.
- FP helicopter uses a low headspeed tail; CP helicopter uses a high headspeed tail;
- [GS3-2406] 40T belt gear, [GS3-2407] 42T belt gear,
- [GS3-2417]10T tail gear, [GS3-2418] 11T tail gear.